Many thanks to Travelling In My Bookcase for getting me nominated for the Sunshine Award! Apparently the Sunshine Award is “an award given to bloggers who are positive and creatively inspire others in the blogosphere.” Wow, it’s an honor to receive such praise! I’ve really enjoyed writing about figures and goods, along with anime and manga, and visual novels, so if readers enjoy reading it as well, then I’m incredibly pleased! Many thanks for reading, and please look forward to future posts.
Now onto the rules and the questions that the lovely Travelling In My Bookcase gave me to answer!
If you have been nominated for The Sunshine Award and you choose to accept it, write a blog post about the Sunshine award in which you:
- Thank the person who nominated you.
- Answer the questions from the person who nominated you.
- Nominate a few other bloggers.
- Write the same amount of questions for the bloggers you nominated.
- Notify the bloggers on their blog.
- Put the award button on your blog
1) What is your favourite anime film that isn’t a Studio Ghibli film?
Just one? I’m going to do a top 3, due to feeling that all 3 movies are deserving of a mention:
- Tiger & Bunny: The Rising – This movie continues the Tiger & Bunny TV series with an incredible amount of action that fans love, along with heavy concepts such as finding a place where one belongs in and questioning one’s sexuality. The series as a whole is addicting and a must-watch, since it depicts superheroes in a unique way, not to mention that the characters are very distinct and memorable!
- Dragon Ball Z: Battle of the Gods – Initially, I didn’t expect anything else other than fighting, but I was pleasantly surprised when this movie had classic Dragon Ball humor! I love Beerus and Whis, and their interactions with each other and the rest of the characters. Plus, their obsession with food is just too much; Beerus fighting with Buu over a pudding cup?! Hilarious! This isn’t a movie to miss if you like Dragon Ball!
- Summer Wars – When a math genius, while posing as a friend’s fiancé for her grandmother’s 90th birthday party, solves an intricate equation that accidentally sets off a virtual world’s AI to destroy the Earth, there’s A LOT for him to worry about! Summer Wars is an incredibly colorful and detailed movie with a lot of soul that was directed by Mamoru Hosoda. The way the virtual world is depicted is breath-taking, and how Natsuki’s family is shown makes you feel right at home. It’s a movie that you cannot miss!
2) What is your favourite opening theme song from an anime film or tv series?
Too many to name! But my current favorite is the second opening song from Jojo’s Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders, which is a song named “JoJo Memories of that Blood ~end of THE WORLD~.” Have a look:
3) What game series do you think would make an excellent anime film or tv series?
Ever since Splatoon came out, I’ve been thinking on how good of a show it would actually be if it’s in the hands of the right team. It would make for a great show for people of all ages to watch!
4) If you could live in any anime world, which one would it be?
While there are plenty of anime worlds I wouldn’t want to live on due to the level of destruction that the area suffers, the one world that I’m interested in is K’s world. The technology is above the one we have; PDAs allow for passage to several areas along with having really neat hologram maps that pop up or whichever area you wish to see. What’s fascinating about this world that looks so much like ours is that there is so much that is yet unknown, like where did the Dresden Slate come from and how it was made? Also, how did the Auras in the Kings manifest, and how did Strains come to be? If I lived in such a world, I’d like to find that out!
5) Who is your favourite anime voice actor?
My favorite female voice actress is Ayako Kawasumi, most notably known for her great performance in her role as Saber! And my favorite male voice actor is Mamoru Miyano, who has a tremendous amount of roles! My current favorite role of his is Rin from Free! Notable mentions go to Takehito Koyasu, Norio Wakamoto and Jouji Nakata.
As for nominating fellow bloggers…I don’t really follow any, so I cannot nominate anyone, sadly. I’ll have to see what interesting blogs I find out there in the world of WordPress to perhaps nominate.
Hope you enjoyed reading my answers! My next post will be focusing on Anime Expo and what I did at the convention. Please look forward to it!
Until next time, happy reading!
3 thoughts on “The Sunshine Award Nomination!”
Great post 🙂 thanks for your fab answers. I love summer wars – such a fantastic film 🙂
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thank you! Glad you liked it! 🙂 Summer Wars is one of those movies that I don’t mind watching 2-3 more times. One movie I do want to watch sometime soon is Wolf Children. Heard really good things about the film!
LikeLiked by 1 person
Love Wolf Children but have a box of tissues ready! Beautiful film! 🙂
LikeLiked by 1 person